*Please note* This posted originated here, at the Write on the Sound Conference page. For those of you who don’t know, this is a conference for writers, readers, editors, publishers held annually in October.
Click on the link above to read this announcement on the WOTS website. Or, since you’re here, anyway, read on.
Each year, WOTS features a literary contest based on a theme. First and second-place awards are given for entries in fiction, nonfiction and poetry.
The theme for the 30th Anniversary is “Brilliance.”
- Entrants must be a registered attendee of the 2015 conference. Registration will open in July.
- Applicants may enter more than one category, but may only submit one entry in fiction, nonfiction and poetry.
- A $15 fee is required for each entry.
- Entries must be 1,500 words or less and received by the deadline posted (The deadline will be announced in the conference brochure in June).
- Material must be original and not previously accepted for publication or production.
- Conference presenters, steering committee, and persons affiliated with Edmonds Arts Commission are not eligible.
- Winners are selected by independent judges.
- First place awards are $100; second place awards are $75. Awards are generously provided by a local sponsor (2012-2014: RBC Wealth Management).
- Awards are made in consideration of the one-time right of the City of Edmonds to reproduce for educational purposes material submitted.
For more information, go to the WOTS Contest Web Page.